Working in Long Term Care isn't an easy job, but it has unique rewards. You can make a difference in the lives of residents by providing support and care to those in need.
If you have a job opening in the long term health care profession in South Dakota, please email SDHCA.
- Nursing Home Administrator in Arlington, SD
Arlington Care and Rehab Center is willing to do AIT/preceptor for this position or experienced. Contact Debbie Menzenberg at email@example.com.
- Business Office Administrator in Mitchell, SD
Firesteel Healthcare Community, Mitchell, SD. This position is to perform and oversee the successful and timely completion of all business office functions as prescribed by Internal Office Policy and Procedure, within the parameters established by state and federal regulation, and as necessary to achieve the financial and operational goals of the facility. Support an environment that promotes optimal efficiencies, staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
Performs and/or oversees the completion of all routine and extraordinary business office related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable
- Third party billing
- Accounts Payable
- Payroll/Benefit Management
- Resident Trust Fund maintenance and reconciliation
- Census maintenance and census/billing reconciliation
- Central Supply (inventory management and reconciliation)
- Reception, mail distribution and all other administrative duties.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing Assistants in Watertown, SD
Watertown Care and Rehabilitation Center is seeking candidates for nursing assistants. No previous experience needed; will train highly qualified candidates.
Competitive wage, solid benefit package, and great work-life balance
Send resumes to email@example.com
- Nurse Manager (RN) - Days, FT in Sioux Falls, SD
Good Samaritan Society Sioux Falls Village
Hourly: 23.85 - 26.08
- Nurse Manager (RN) will oversee all aspects of unit including supervising nursing staff and monitoring patient care
- Nurse Manager (RN) will assesses plans, implements and coordinates a plan of care for residents in pertinent areas.
- Nurse Manager (RN) as attends care conferences and residents overall care.
- Nurse manager (RN) assists with plan of care and interventions for effectiveness.
- Nurse Manager (RN) must bean effective decision maker with the ability to motivate and empower nursing staff while assuring the highest standards of care for residents.
Apply online at www.good-sam.com/careers
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. RN/BSN, licensure for state of practice is required. Prior work experience in like or related position may be helpful.
Ability to communicate and comprehend.
Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
*Referral Bonus is only available at the four Good Samaritan Society –Communities of Sioux Falls locations. Name of current employee must be listed in the referral or reference sections of the application for either party to be eligible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
- Certified Nurse Assistant in Mitchell, SD
GENERAL PURPOSE: Perform direct resident care duties under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel. Assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
Apply online at: www.welcov.com/careers
- Nurse Assistant in Mitchell, SD
GENERAL PURPOSE: The nursing assistant is to render good service to the resident in the form of nursing care. Per OBRA, Code of Federal Regulations, section 42 CFR Chapter IV, “students do not perform any services for which they have not been trained and been found proficient by the instructor.” Once the nursing assistant has been trained and the Instructor has checked off their skills, the nursing assistant may perform the following duties:
NURSING CARE, AND
Duties: Assist in making unoccupied beds and keep unit in good order. Under supervision assists with serving meals. Pass bedpans. Provide fresh drinking water and remove water pitchers to the kitchen. Keep drawers, shelves, bedside stands and closets neat and clean. Is responsible for the cleanliness of the residents unit, this includes periodic straightening out of resident’s closet, drawers and bedside stand. The Nursing Assistant should be able to recognize restlessness, fear and irritability in the resident as normal reactions caused by illness.
Provide physical comfort through rest and relaxation, proper positioning is essential, whether standing, sitting or reclining position. This is provided whether the resident is in bed or a wheelchair.
Provide the interpreting of the diet to the residents, observe, report and chart conditions of appetite, and knowing general customs and regulations concerning diet.
Must be able to know the needs of a feeder resident with total understanding and consideration and should never hurry.
Reports changes in resident condition to charge nurse, such as unusual signs or symptoms, accidents or injuries, etc.; and provide nursing function as directed by supervisor.
Must know the adequate fluid intake for proper hydration of residents. Know that involuntary urination or defecation can be prevented with good bowel and bladder programs.
Apply online at: www.welcov.com/careers
- Registered Nurse in Mitchell, SD
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in a nursing unit. Assess resident needs, develop individual care plans, administer nursing care, and evaluate nursing care.
Apply online at: www.welcov.com/careers
- LPN in Mitchell, SD
GENERAL PURPOSE: To assist an RN with supervising routine functions of an assigned area to include functioning as a Charge Nurse in providing nursing care to residents under the direction of an RN and as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practices and regulations; and as may be directed by the (RN) Director of Nursing.
Apply online at: www.welcov.com/careers
- Dietary Services Manager in Bristol, SD
Sun Dial Manor in Bristol, SD is seeking a Dietary Services Manager to direct the overall operation of the dietary department.
Must be a Certified Dietary Manager or able to obtain certification within 18 months of hire. Previous experience in a dietary department of a health-care facility preferred. Send resume to Sun Dial Manor, P.O. Box 337, Bristol, SD 57219 or download an application from www.sundialmanor.com and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certified Nurse Aides in Flandreau, SD
Riverview Healthcare Community
Full & Part Time Available
Day & Evening Shifts (8.5 hour shifts)
Providing or assisting with the Activities of Daily Living.
Provide Training for those who are not currently certified.
Apply on-line at https://www.welcov.com/our-careers.
- RN/LPN in Pierre, SD
Kelly’s Retirement Homes – A privately owned and operated, 36 bed Assisted Living / Independent Living facility, is looking for a RN/LPN charge nurse with possible advancement to Executive Director. The RN/LPN utilizes a general understanding of the principles of nursing and basic physical assessment skills in the development and implementation of individualized nursing care plans to ensure that the needs of the residents are met. The employee assists in the orientation and provides supervision of nursing personnel, attends to the daily operations of the unit on a per shift and unit level, and assumes responsibilities of a leadership role as need.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes an active role in direct resident assessment and care.
- Supervises and coordinates nursing personnel in providing direct resident care in adherence to state, federal and corporate guidelines.
- Formulates individualized nursing care plans utilizing the nursing process.
- Assesses each resident and implements a change in the course of care as needed.
- Communicates with the residents’ physician and ensures that pertinent information is communicated to and from him/her and orders are maintained correctly.
- Participates in the training and supervision of nursing personnel.
- Utilizes effectively the general principles of leadership and supervision.
- Manages conflict through effective problem-solving and communication skills.
- Acts calmly and efficiently in handling emergency situations.
- Prepares daily assignment of duties, treatments, and miscellaneous tasks.
- Assumes responsibility for the identification of potential safety hazards and for the identification of noncompliance with company guidelines as set forth in the policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains accurate resident care records and documents pertinent data reflecting the use of the nursing process.
- Attends and participates productively in the resident care meetings, staff meeting and in-services.
- Takes and active role in teaching (formal or informal presentation) with residents, families and staff.
- Dispenses medication and performs treatments, as per physician’s order, and in accordance with policies, procedures, and licensure standard of practice.
- Assures that each resident’s attending physician and family or responsible party are promptly notified of any significant change in the resident’s health condition.
- Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- The Nurse interacts with customers, families, visitors, facility, and company personnel.
- Carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required.
- Normal hours are Mon – Fri but may be required to work occasional shifts, holidays, weekends, and to work as facility needs require.
- Must practice good personal hygiene and follow required dress code.
- Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test.
- This position requires a current valid RN or LPN license in South Dakota and the candidate must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Up-to-date physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles are required.
- Recent experience in geriatric or rehabilitative nursing and experience in supervisory capacity are preferred but not required.
- NH Administrator in Sisseton, SD
Tekakwitha Living Center, a skilled nursing and rehab center located in Sisseton, SD, is currently seeking a motivated and highly organized individual for its administrator position. The ideal candidate must desire effective leadership in a positive environment where teamwork and excellent care is the focus. Candidates must possess a South Dakota Nursing Home Administrator’s License or have the ability to obtain. This position does not come around very often so please apply soon. (EOE) Forward resumes and inquiries to:
Attn: Chad Stroschein
Phone #605 670 9855
- Assistant Director of Nursing in Rapid City, SD
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to move your career to the next level? Are you wanting to manage a group of high quality Registered Nurses (RN's) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's)? Fountain Springs Health Care is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care utilizing a holistic approach with personalized attention to each person's physical, social, cultural and spiritual needs. We assist each resident in maintaining their individuality while promoting their independence. Apply as the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) today!
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will assist the Director of Nursing with administrative functions; supervising, directing and training the nursing staff as well as providing direct, quality resident care and assuming duties of director of nursing in his/her absence. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for leading the nursing team to ensure high standards of quality and delivering excellent care to patients. You will ensure that each Registered Nurse (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) on staff is properly certified and abides by the standards for care established by our organization and state and federal laws. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for creating new policies and updating existing policies to help improve the level of care for each patient. Implement quality improvement programs designed to help us deliver the highest possible level of service. Ensure that all patient care plans have the documentation necessary to provide the proper type of care. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) maintains relationships with healthcare providers and hospitals in the local community. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will be supported by corporate operations teams, human resources, and recruiting to establish us as a premier employer and provider of healthcare services. This role is an integral part of our leadership team reporting directly to the Director of Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License
- 2+ years of nursing experience
- Prefer long-term care with leadership and management experience
- Experience with PointClickCare preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
We conduct drug and alcohol testing as allowed by applicable state law.
Click here to visit site.