Working in Long Term Care isn't an easy job, but it has unique rewards. You can make a difference in the lives of residents by providing support and care to those in need.
If you have a job opening in the long term health care profession in South Dakota, please email SDHCA.
- Social Service Designee in Pierre, SD
Avantara Pierre - In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Social Worker ensures that the medically related emotional and social needs of the Guests are met and maintained on an individual basis and in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for keeping up-to-date evaluation documentation on each Guest’s activities at the facility which complies with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
2. Develops a comprehensive social history and psychosocial assessment that includes the Guest's problems and strengths and preferences, including cultural, religious, and ethnic background and implications for the care plan.
3. Orients Guests and families to the facility, its services, its service limitations and Guests' rights.
4. Attends scheduled care conferences and identifies and interprets psychosocial needs of Guests for inclusion in the care plan, addressing in particular issues of schedule, treatment and environment that express and reinforce individuality and identity.
5. Assists with the coordination, intake, admission and Guest transfer within the facility.
6. Discusses the facility rules and regulations with Guests’ families and responds to questions with regard to these rules.
7. Coordinates the inspection of Guest’s belongings to ensure they are properly labeled and inventoried.
8. Attends Interdisciplinary Team and Unit Care conferences, Assesses Guests for psychosocial groups, and supervises implementation and documentation.
9. Completes mandatory documentation within timelines established by applicable regulations.
10. Provides consultation to Guests on a regular or as needed basis to discuss problems encountered by Guests and assists with the implementation of solutions.
Contact Denton Heisler email@example.com for more details on duties or to submit a resume.
- Director of Nursing in Milbank, SD
St. Williams Care Center, Milbank. Includes $5000 sign on bonus. The Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall operation of the nursing service, personnel management, financial planning and visionary direction. The DON is instrumental in the development and implementation of plans, policies and procedures for providing resident care. She is involved in the recruitment of new staff and assists in their overall orientation to the facility and in monitoring training/performance. She collaborates with Governing Board, Medical Staff, Administration and other clinical leaders in organizational decision-making and planning. She implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care and services delivered to residents. She maintains harmonious inter-departmental relationships and acts as liaison between residents, families, and others in the community.
Resumes can be emailed to Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 1-605-432-3187 or mailed to 103 N Viola Street, Milbank SD 57252, Attention Karla. Questions to Karla 1-605-432-5811 ext. 100.
- RN, LPN, Med Aide, CNA in Rapid City, SD
The Village at Skyline Pines Assisted Living & Memory Care is growing and we have built a team of caregivers that are committed to providing top quality care to our residents, who deserve the very best in assisted living. Seeking RN, LPN, Med Aide and CNA's. If you are certified and committed to giving exceptional care and want to make a difference to the wonderful individuals in our community, while receiving a competitive wage contact us today! We offer 12 hour shifts as well as 8 hour and some 4 hour shifts. Full and part time. Please contact us today @ https://thevillagerc.com/ or email@example.com or The link will lead you to the appropriate pages to apply for the job you choose.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in Wilmot, SD
The Wilmot Care Center is seeking a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator to lead their Nursing and Rehab facility.
Wilmot Care Center is a non-profit community owned facility located in Wilmot, SD with Medicaid and Medicare certified beds along with an Assisted Living wing.
The ideal candidate will be licensed by the state of South Dakota and must have previous experience as a Nursing Home Administrator.
Wilmot Care Center is looking for the right candidate to have strong leadership, working closely with residents, family members, employees and community members.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Pam Smith, Board member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in Hartley, IA
Community Memorial Health Center is seeking an administrator to lead a premier skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility in northwest Iowa. CMHC is a non-profit community owned skilled nursing facility in Hartley, Iowa with 68 Medicare/Medicaid certified beds and a 16 apartment assisted living facility. Candidate must possess a nursing home administrator’s license in the state of Iowa or be eligible to obtain one. CMHC is looking for the right candidate to continue the strong leadership tradition, working closely with residents, family members, employees and community partners.
Contact: Becky Stoltz, Board President, email@example.com
- Nursing Home Administrator (Interim)
This licensed Nursing Home administrator will provide short term management and oversight of nursing facility (2-3 months) or longer depending on circumstances.
Contact information: Terry Rieck 605-848-6283
- Director of Nursing in Sioux Falls, SD
Good Samaritan Society has spent 95 years as a Christian based leader in geriatric care. Our Sioux Falls Village location is looking for a hardworking, compassionate and experienced registered nurse to fill the Director of Nursing position at our 177 bed facility which includes 21 post-acute rehabilitation beds and 17 memory care beds. We focus on teamwork to maintain and foster an excellent environment of care that supports employees and patients alike.
- RN, LPN, CNA in Watertown, SD
Avantara Watertown - If you are seeking a rewarding environment that reflects your skills, professionalism and love for people, we would like to meet with you in person to discuss great opportunities available. Ask about competitive wage and flexible scheduling while continuing your education. Openings for individuals interested in full-time, part-time or casual hours. Call (605) 886-8431 or apply online at www.avantarawatertown.com.
- Full-Time Night Nurse in Bristol, SD
Sun Dial Manor in Bristol is hiring a full-time night nurse. Sign on bonus available; wage based on experience.
Contact: Connie Brown, DON at 605-492-3615.
- RN, LPN, CNA, Cook and Dietary Aide in Rapid City, SD
Good Samaritan Society – St. Martin Village is expanding our rehabilitation and skilled care services in Rapid City, South Dakota and are currently seeking caring and compassionate individuals for the following positions:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Dietary Aide
Call (605) 721-6052 to talk with a human resources representative about our openings and learn more about the benefits you will experience as a member of the Good Samaritan Society family. Or visit www.good-sam.com/jobs and apply today!
- Registered Nurse in Rapid City, SD
Join our team of professional and passionate health care professionals who are committed to the well-being of our residents at Westhills Village in Rapid City. We are currently recruiting for an evening shift RN part time or full time to join our healthcare facility. This position reports to the Director of Nursing and may be required to provide direction to other staff positions.
•Provides educational meetings for residents and staff.
•Maintain confidentiality of residents' and prospective residents' information.
•Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
•Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
•Adheres to all policies and procedures
Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota
We offer medical,dental, vision, generous PTO plan, fitness classes and pool.
Email resume to Maryann.Petrotto@whvrc.com.
- Social Worker in Hot Springs, SD
Veterans Home, Hot Springs. Employment Type: Permanent Employee
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 12109
Agency: Department of Veteran's Affairs / State Veterans Home
Salary: $20.76 - $27.00 per hour, depending on experience
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, please visit http://vetaffairs.sd.gov/.
This position must have the ability to provide Social Work for residents in a long-term care setting;
social services such as discharge planning, collateral contacts, and assessments; serves as a
member of the admission/interdisciplinary team, the advanced care planning team, and complaint
committee; and intervenes in the patient's out-of-hospital environment to serve as the primary formal
link between the patient, family, and community support systems. Works collaboratively with the
interdisciplinary team to provide exceptional care for residents and their spouses.
Work is performed in an office environment.
Licenses and Certifications:
A bachelor's or master's degree in social work. Licensed as social worker or eligible for SD license
as social worker. Must have a master's degree in social work or be able to attain within 36 months.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
The ability to become a subject matter expert on trauma informed care, focus on patient centered care, facilitate room transfers, collaborate and communicate with interdisciplinary teammates, facilitate documentation within MDS sections C,D,E,Q, have familiarity and be trained on crisis intervention techniques, be able to train families and staff on dementia and Alzheimer's, lead and facilitate family and resident support groups.
• long-term social work requirements;
• social and psychosocial assessments including the MDS Assessment;
• ethical standards, principles, and practices of social work, counseling, and human behavior;
• human growth and development and their relationship to social work principles and methods;
current social, economic, and health trends and services; and the ability to adapt trends to practical
program applications and link patients with services needed;
• interviewing and other information gathering techniques;
• effective teaching techniques;
• record keeping.
• perform computer skills.
• develop cooperative and satisfactory contacts with patients, relatives, physicians, social agencies, community officials, and other administrative officials;
• apply proper interviewing techniques;
• provide resident counseling as needed;
• write meaningful, concise, and accurate reports and correspondence;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations;
• communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
assess social service needs, complete social assessments and social histories, and identify
programs or services sufficient to meet those needs;
• be patient and understanding;
• speak to groups;
• negotiate with various agencies.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction
record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and
neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an
Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous
vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please
visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A
retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/y6r5ahdr
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
- LPN in Rapid City, SD
The Village at Skyline Pines is seeking an LPN. Clinical and supervisory duties. Please send resumes to Rachelle at RachelleF@TheVillageRC.com.
- MDS Coordinator in Spearfish, SD
Spearfish Canyon Healthcare - Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with the requirements of the state and the policies and goals of this facility. Provide an ongoing objective evaluation of the important aspects of residents’ care through daily review of resident charts, and identification of variations in care to provide data for use in the correction of potential problems and to meet the requirements of all regulatory agencies. Relates effectively with interdepartmental and intradepartmental personnel, medical staff, residents, resident’s families, and outside agencies, including Medicare, Medicaid, and third party payers.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org