- Webinar: Section Q Training of MDS
Section Q training of the MDS is now available. Our hope is this 20 minute webinar training will be beneficial training to our providers and ultimately improving the care to our long term care residents.
The webinar is posted to the DOH website at http://doh.sd.gov/providers/licensure/. The webinar is near the bottom of our website under the section, Provider Training and is titled 3-17-2017 MDS Section Q Training - Webinar | PowerPoint
Reporting Fraud and Suspected Fraud Podcasts
The US Department of Health and CMS continues to release podcasts on its Medicaid program integrity site. The latest podcast is titled June 2016 Podcast - Reporting Fraud and Suspected Fraud, and is posted along with the June 2016 Reporting Fraud and Suspected Fraud podcast transcript.
Since January 2016, CMS has posted numerous podcasts including topics such as: Improper Payments, Home and Community-Based Services, Medicaid Documentation, Off-Label Use of Prescription Drugs; Basic Audit and Data analysis; and Provider Self-Disclosure.
If you are a business owner, tax manager, employee benefits manager, or health coverage provider, you can access and review these videos on the IRS Video Portal at your convenience.
Webinar: Creating A 4-Star Dining Experience
$41.95 – Click here to watch webinar.
There is no single aspect of the operations in any community that receives more attention than the food service. Most people consider the entire dining experience when they evaluate the quality of their meal, and their overall satisfaction with the services the community has to offer.
- How to hire the right person
- How to create a desire to work for you and a sense of belonging after they become part of your team
- How to use the performance evaluation process to motivate employees
- What motivates employees
Webinar: How Can I get Beyond the Basics of Hospital Readmission and Become a Preferred Provider?"
How Can I get Beyond the Basics of Hospital Readmission and Become a Preferred Provider? Presenter: Kim Barrows, Director of Clinical Services at Health Care Management Group Summary: The program briefly explains the impact that Healthcare Reform is having on the healthcare industry on both the acute and post-acute care side. Click hereto listen to the webinar.
Webinar: Clinical Practice Series
Part 1: Preventing Rehospitalizations
- Sharing advanced INTERACT Success! (Part 1): In this informative session, participants will have the opportunity to hear how four different organizations advanced the use of INTERACT within their setting. Click here to register
- Sharing advanced INTERACT Success! (Part 2):In this fascinating program, you will have the opportunity to hear two unique stories of communities, in two separate counties, that put INTERACT to work to improve care. Click here to register
- How Can I get Beyond the Basics of Hospital Readmission and Become a Preferred Provider? To be released in late October – watch for more information!
Part 2: Falls Management & Prevention
A weeklong series of recorded webinars coordinated for release during National Falls Awareness week. Recognizing that falls constitutes a reason for high hospital admissions and frequent deficiencies, the AHCA Clinical Practice Subcommittee on Falls has created a week-long event called Falls Management & Prevention Week. The series provides great ideas and useful strategies related to sleep, environment, QAPI, workplace practices, regulatory issues, and family and leadership practices. You can register now for the webinar series.
Clinical Practice Series Part 3: Antipsychotic Management & Reduction
See section below.
Clinical Practice Series Part 4: Improving End of Life Care
Webinar title: Considerations for End of Life Care
Registration Link: http://webinars.ahcancal.org/session.php?id=14890
Session Description: This session will offer participants a unique framework and an array of strategies to enhance care at the end of a resident’s life. Discover ways to invite family members into the conversation, support the wishes of the resident and uphold the sacred trust that is placed in your care.
- Identify critical domains and competencies for Advance Care Planning and End of Life Care
- Examine the process flow map for implementation of Advance Care Planning and End of Life Care.
- Review scenarios that support having “end of life conversations”
- Contrast the difference between an Advance Care Plan and Advance Directive
Antipsychotic Webinar Series Available On-Demand -AHCA
Still facing challenges in safely reducing the off-label use of antipsychotic medications? AHCA has just what the doctor ordered: free webinars for members that address various topics to help your nursing center reach your antipsychotic reduction goal!
All are available on-demand. Watch one or watch them all.
“What’s Up Doc?!” let’s you know how to best communicate with your Medical Director – from the perspective of a former Medical Director. There is one specifically for CNA’s - "The Keys to Success!” And how about your frontline workers – your “Special Ops." How can “Mining for Family Gold” provide the information and family engagement that can be so instrumental in providing individualized care? “Quality is Our Business Model” links the Quality Efforts from the past (TQM, CQI, QI, QA&A) to QAPI, specifically in the area of dementia care.
Each webinar is 30 minutes... perfect for busy long term and post-acute providers. Find details and links to all 6 webinars here (member login required).
- Part 1: The Good, the Bad and the QAPI
- Part 2: What's Up Doc?!
- Part 3: Mining for Family Gold
- Part 4: Frontline Workers or "Special Ops"?
- Part 5: CNAs - the Keys to Success!
- Part 6: "Quality is Our Business Model" - M.K. Ousley
Webinar: Memory Enhanced Activities
NOTE: This course is in a video presentation format - you will need speakers or a headset to complete this course.
3.5 CEU's. Click here to register. When trying to figure out what works and doesn’t work, their face is your teacher. Every person is unique so there can be no rules when figuring out how to tap into the person’s identity. Avoid playing out in your head whether something will work or not. Try anything and everything, and the experience will teach you. Remember they usually do not understand the words coming out of your mouth, but they are more likely to understand what they see, touch, smell and hear. So put “stuff” back in their hands and see if it triggers a response. It’s not about the big things we do. You’ll see that it’s about the simple pleasures ie: a smile. Whenever anyone finds something that causes a positive reaction…tell everyone. So…we ALL can create a better day.
Webinar: Understanding and Meeting the Needs of the Elderly
3.25 CEU's. Click here to register.
This program is designed to look at behavior problems as symptoms of external or internal unmet needs of the elderly, instead of behaviors that must be changed to meet caregivers' needs. Many older persons experience mental, emotional, and behavioral problems. One of the major problem is that they are often not diagnosed or treated. Some of the reasons for this is a false belief that mental symptoms are a part of the normal aging process, that these symptoms are not treatable or curable - a reflection of ageism - or because older people themselves are reluctant to admit their needs and to seek treatment and care from mental health professionals because of the stigma about mental illness.
Webinar: Infection Control in Long Term Care Facilities
3.5 CEUs. Click here to register. Infectious disease is widespread among elderly people and the consequences are potentially devastating. Infections are a major cause of hospitalization for our aged and frail population, and they are known to suffer greater morbidity and mortality from infectious disease than younger adults. The elderly are at increased risk of infection because of multiple risk factors such as chronic diseases, age-related changes in every body system, nutritional status, mobility, and immunological function, as well as other less understood mechanisms.
This program has been developed to discuss how infectious diseases are transmitted, ways to prevent this transmission, and responsibility of care providers to take measures to prevent the spread of infection in LTC facilities.
Webinar: Depression in the Elderly
On demand and ready when you can view. 1.0 CEU’s $18.95. NAB approved. Click here to order.
Learn how to identify and help elderly individuals with depression.
- This course covers the following topics:
- What is Depression?
- What Causes Depression?
- Can anxiety lead to depression?
- Differentiating Dementia, Depression, and Delirium in the Elderly
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Difficult to Diagnose
- Why it is important to treat
- Proper treatment can prevent suicide
- Passive Suicide
- Treatments for Depression
- How can I help?
- Can Depression be prevented?
- Cornell Scale of Depression in Dementia
- What depression is and what causes it
- How to differentiate between dementia, depression, and delirium in the elderly
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Different treatments and treatment methods for depression in the elderly
Webinar: Attracting, Empowering, & Retaining Quality Personnel
On demand and ready when you can view. 3.0 CEU’s $56.95. NAB appoved.
Click here to order.
Quality, long-term staff make all the difference in resident care, satisfaction and consistency of operations. This course will help you grow as a manager, and give you tools to develop the very best employees for your community.
- What empowerment really is, and how to implement it into the care setting
- What to look for in selection of quality personnel
- How to craft a help-wanted ad that works
- How to create a great job description
- How to effectively employ empowerment principles with staff and family members.
Webinar On Demand: F309 & Antipsychotics?! Compliance?! QAPI?!: Your Integrated Pathway to Dementia Care
Not seeing a session of interest?
Consider visiting http://webinars.ahcancal.org/index.php to see a listing of American Health Care Association (AHCA) webinars. Seminars include MDS 3.0 webinars, Quality Management, Health Care Reform and much more.
Dietary Department: Consider visiting http://www.beckydorner.com/teleseminars or http://www.beckydorner.com/audioprograms. Please enter "SDHCA" as the promotional code where applicable to receive possible discounts.
Also consider taking a look at our Easy CEU option for approved online CEU's for Long Term Care. Click on the link below and search for topics of your choice.